DP Marine Specialist (Brazil)
Rio de Janeiro – BRA, Brazil
Grupo de competências: Maritime
ID de referência : 77239BR
To ensure that the offloading of crude oil from the Santos Basin FPSOs, using a fleet of Dynamically Positioned Shuttle Tankers (DPSTs), is performed safely and efficiently by ensuring that the vessel operations are conducted in compliance with applicable Class, International, National, Petrobras specific requirements, Shell policies and procedures, industry guidelines and best practice to ensure safe, efficient operations whilst minimizing environmental impact. Support the Technical Authority and Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of marine operations related matters to achieve incident free execution & objectives of the Project and Business.
The role is a member of a technical and operational team on a 24/7 basis and integrates their expertise to ensure vessels / fleet managers act in compliance with all regulatory requirements including Petrobras and Field requirements, Shell standards and procedures, applicable government laws and industry guidelines, standards and procedures to achieve a safe, economic marine operation whilst minimizing environmental impact. The incumbent has a key role to play in ensuring that effective measures are in place to respond to all DP and offload emergencies.
- Comply with the Shell Brazil and Fleet Operations Manager instructions and expectations.
- Liaise closely with Shell Brazil Upstream with regards offloading at the spread moored FPSOs
- Conduct their duties with high level of professionalism and impartiality in the role of DP Marine Technical Adviser providing a link between the Petrobras and the FPSO Operators, the DPST Managers and individual ships and the management teams of Shell Brazil and STUSCO.
- Manage the technical aspects of the DP attributes, including DP trials and remaining compliance with regards Petrobras, Shell and all applicable regualtory requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge for the monitoring of all routine Health, Safety, Security and the Environment related matters including the analysis of accidents and incidents and share learning with the identified stakeholders. This includes the provision of advice to all parties when requested and the development of remedial action aimed at the prevention of recurrence.
- Participate in HAZID and HAZOP reviews by providing expert marine management operations advice to Projects.
- Have in place a robust lessons learned process, which is aligned with the groups reporting system and is seen to engage with key stakeholders to maximize value to the wider group.
- Develop and provide strategic operational support to a shipping business that supports Shells global energy marketing activities and requirements for Oil export from Brazil.
- Participates in a technical and operational team on a 24/7 basis in the identification and implementation of technical solutions to operating problems and innovation in support of continuous improvement in shipping operational performance.
- Ensure compliance with Shell group standards and procedures, applicable government laws and industry guidelines to achieve a safe, economic marine operation while minimizing environmental impact.
- Manage fleet performance initiatives, including oversight for the performance of DP Shuttle Tankers in the provision of their services to Shell in order to effectively plan, manage and coordinate daily shipping activities of all Shell chartered DPST vessels.
- Provide effective maritime incident response.
- With other members of the STUSCO Team, be jointly responsible for ensuring that policies, standards and business processes are developed that provide for the highest possible standards of management and operation of the asset.
- Participate in the response to shipping emergencies, DPST offloading emergencies and participating in a program of response exercises involving Group vessels and/or Group Business Units.
- Ensure along with dedicated HSSE Professionals in DPST Operators that HSSE performance is effectively monitored, data analysis is undertaken and summary management information is prepared on a routine and ad-hoc basis.
- Actively promote the Health, Safety, Security and Environment and Quality Management policies of Shell Group to Third Parties involved with the DPST operations either at sea or in port.
- Provide the interface between the key stakeholders – Asset Owner, Operator and STASCO/STUSCO.
DPST fleet operating out of Brazil, FPSO Offloading operations in Brazil.
- To ensure that the FPSO offloading operation is managed and operated in full compliance with all applicable Industry standards, Flag State, Group and Company requirements and robust procedures are in place and that are available to monitor the proper implementation and any follow-up action.
- To ensure that effective arrangements are in place to manage shipping emergencies and that trained resources are always available to support response efforts.
- To represent the Company, as required, in the event of a major incident or accident. In fulfilling this challenge, must be available to travel worldwide at short notice at any time.
- Complex stakeholder management and prescriptive regulatory requirements for area of operation.
- Complex and technically challenging operation of FPSO Offloading in a highly regulated environment.